Wye Valley Hypnotherapy Policies
Below are the policies which govern your use of this website and making bookings and payments for my hypnotherapy services.
Cancellations of bookings
Please contact me as soon as possible if you need to cancel a booking, in order to avoid charges. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before an appointment will be charged at the full session rate.
Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how Heidi Fforde at Wye Valley Hypnotherapy will use and protect the information that you provide when you use my services and my website.
It is my intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you contact us via our Website, phone or email I will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry
What I do with this information
I will use this information to make contact with you to discuss your requirements. I may also use this information to improve my services. If you choose to go ahead with an appointment, I will send you a copy of a referral form which asks for more information* and explains once again how I will use information provided in the course of our sessions together.
*In the referral document I will ask for
Your name, address, telephone and email contact details so that I may contact you during the time I am working together.
Your GP contact details and health information: there are some conditions which are contraindicated for hypnotherapy.
Your next of kin: this is used very rarely and only in emergency situations.
You will also be asked to tick a box if you wish to receive promotional/further information about my services or about wellbeing in general. If you do not tick this box I will not contact you.
In the course of our sessions I will make a note of information you provide in order that I can plan future sessions and produce language patterns which will be used in session.
General Data Protection Regulations
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which am effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights:
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed (which is why I have produced this policy).
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to email@example.com, the Data Processor. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request).
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information I hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information I hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and I will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work I am required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.)
- the right to restrict processing (I will only use the information for the purposes that I have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”. If in the therapist's opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality
- the right to data portability: I will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent
- the right to object (I will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given specific agreement to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (I will not use your information for profiling purposes).
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive so that web traffic and be analysed for my website. Through this we can see which of my Website's pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this, you may find you cannot make full use of my Website.
Links to other Websites
ICO Registration No: 00010824397